Add any helpful notes about how to edit the site.
Editing or Adding Pages
- From the top admin bar - New > Page
- On the page edit screen, give the page a title and edit the slug (the url path) if desired
- Click on the blue button for Blackbaud Builder
- Apply a template as a starting point
- Add any saved rows or modules that may help save you time
- Edit and add modules to build the page
- Go to the upper left menu and click on "Responsive Editing" to see what the page looks like on tablet and mobile.
- Make any adjustment needed to widths, heights, font-sizes, etc. making sure that what you're editing has the tablet or mobile icon next to it (this ensures that what you're editing won't effect the desktop view)
- Click the done button and either save as a draft or publish
Editing Page Banners
- Hover over the entire row and click the wrench to edit
- Scroll down to Background and you will see where the background of the row is set to an image
- Click on "Replace" to choose a new image from the Media Library.
- Save the row
Saving Your Own Template (or edit an existing one)
- Edit a page using the builder and get it to where you like it
- In the top left corner, click to open the drop down menu and select "Save Templalte"
- Give it a name and save. It will now show up in the list of templates.
Edit an existing template:
- Go to the template tab
- hover over the template you want to edit and click the wrench icon
- Use the builder to edit the template, then save
Editing a template DOES NOT update all the pages where that template was used as a starting point.
How to Edit the Header, Footer and Other Global Elements
- These have all been saved as Globally saved rows. Go to the Saved tab and you will see all the rows needed.
- Hover over them and click the wrench to edit
- It will open in a new tab where you can use the builder tools to edit the row
- Save and the changes will be made across the site where the global row is used.
- If you're editing a row with dynamic content, the system may place placeholder/example text as a sample, or it may appear blank.
Editing the Content Grid module
This powerful module can pull in pages, events, custom post types, and most commonly posts.
It contains a Content tab where you can decide what type of content it is pulling.
- Source is typically set to "Custom Query"
- Under the Custom Query options, select the post type (Posts, Pages, Events, People, etc)
- Default order is by date, but this can be changed
- The Filter section below allows you to limit what is displayed. You can choose to include or exclude categories, or even choose the exact posts/content to include and exclude
- Go to Appearance > Menus or hover over your name in the top admin bar and click "Menus"
- Select from the drop-down list the menu you want to edit and click "Select". There is also a link next to this to add a new menu.
- Click and drag menu items to switch their order
- Add new pages from the list on the left, or use the Custom Links to add a link to an external page.
- Pages/links added to the menu will be added to the very bottom. Scroll down, click them, and move them into place.
- Save the menu
Editing Search and Filter Forms
- From the Dashboard, go to Search & Filter > Search and Filter Form
- There are currently 4 forms for each of the different post categories. Hover over the one you want to edit and click edit.
- If you need a new form, we highly recommend duplicating an existing form instead of starting from scratch.
- When the edit screen opens, the main things you'll want to edit are under the General tab where you'll see "Available Fields"
- You'll see fields such as search, taxonomy (categories), post date, reset button, etc. You can click and drag to move these in order. You can also click and drag a new option from the available list above.
- If you want to change the label or placeholder text of a form element, click on the element to open the settings
- Click on the Update button when you're done editing.